Thursday 19 March 2015

Nothern Elders Forum spokes man was shot by Nigerian soliders

  The Northern Elders Forum (NEF) spokesman proff. Ango Abdullahi was wenesday shot by some soliders in bauchi on his way to gadau reports have said.
  He was attacked when his driver overtook a military convoy. speaking to a news men in bauchi on wenesday, he said he was on his way to for an official assignment at bauchi state university, Gadau, when The icident happened.
“It was in the morning as I was travelling in my official car
with my driver. I was going to Gadau for a meeting. We had
just passed the Awala Hotel roundabout when I saw a
military convoy moving very slowly.
“I was trying to catch up for the meeting, so my driver
overtook the military convoy. The next thing I knew they
opened fire at us, with bullets were sprayed on the car.
“The bullets damaged the engine of the car, damaged the car
that we had to park by the road side. The soldiers came out
and were shouting angrily at us.
“They were demanding to know why we wanted to overtake
them, asking if we didn’t know that the soldiers were
exporting sensitive materials,” he said.
He lamented that the soldiers, even after the incident, the
soldiers just kept going. “I have never seen such a reckless
act.”
“I called the Commissioner for Higher Education and told
him. The Commissioner for Higher Education called the
security agencies chiefs to inform them of what happened,”
Abdullahi said.

No comments: